Is multiple per week excessive?

Post your wet dream experiences and questions here.
natasha
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 0

Is multiple per week excessive?

Post by natasha »

I am here on behalf of my son who is having this issue. I have spoken to his doctor about it who was useless and didn't even know what wet dreams were (not that I did either until Googling it). I realize this is unusual for this forum but I suspect you are the only experts that exist.

My son is 13 and having multiple wet dreams per week as well as other sleep issues and severe anxiety. Personally I suspect the wet dreams are related to the sleep issues but I struggle to know if it is just normal humanity occurring. From googling it seems like excessive amounts but also perhaps it is normal. Do anybody here know?
Texanguy
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 30
Foreskin status: Circumcised
Underwear worn when going to sleep: Nude
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 2-4 hours
Date of last voluntary orgasm/ejaculation: 15 Aug 2020

Re: Is multiple per week excessive?

Post by Texanguy »

None of us are trained experts here, but it is known that some percentage of young teens may have relatively frequent wet dreams, including multiple wet dreams per week or even two in one night.

It might be worth considering that the wet dreams may be contributing to the stress as much as the stress may be contributing to the wet dreams. Or there may be no connection. Multiple wet dreams per week should be considered to be in the high normal range and not a cause for stress or anxiety.

Having informed yourself to the degree that you have about wet dreams from Google, you must be aware of masturbation. Masturbation will reduce or often completely eliminate wet dreams. But you may not believe that masturbation is acceptable for religious reasons, or may not wish to directly encourage him to start masturbating or do it more frequently. (That may be something a father or male friend might more comfortably discuss with him, and he with them.)

Those seem to be the two choices -- start or increase masturbation to reduce or eliminate the wet dreams, or get used to the wet dreams, realize they are normal, and let them decline in frequency with time.

Either way, several wet dreams per week in a young teen is nothing to worry about. Hopefully he can stress less and get better sleep by not worrying about them.
Michael1985
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran
Foreskin status: Intact
Underwear worn when going to sleep: Boxers
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 4-6 hours
Date of last voluntary orgasm/ejaculation: 15 Oct 2023

Post by Michael1985 »

You say multiple a week. Would that mean, say, two, with several days in between, or is it an every other day sort of thing?
natasha

Post by natasha »

Michael1985 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:51 am You say multiple a week. Would that mean, say, two, with several days in between, or is it an every other day sort of thing?
Sometimes it is several days in between and sometimes it is consecutive days. On average I would say it is 2-3 wet dreams per week
goodlife
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 15
Underwear worn when going to sleep: Briefs
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 4-6 hours

Post by goodlife »

I don’t think it’s abnormal. His seminal vesicles seem to fill up quickly. Testosteron peaks might balance out when he gets older.
Texanguy
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 2-4 hours
Date of last voluntary orgasm/ejaculation: 15 Aug 2020

Post by Texanguy »

natasha wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:43 am Sometimes it is several days in between and sometimes it is consecutive days. On average I would say it is 2-3 wet dreams per week
This is normal, especially for a young guy who never started masturbating.

Hopefully mother and son can relax now and stop worrying about this.
NateInLoadedBriefs
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 13
Underwear worn when going to sleep: Briefs
Date of last voluntary orgasm/ejaculation: 13 Sep 2024

Post by NateInLoadedBriefs »

natasha wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:16 pm I am here on behalf of my son who is having this issue. I have spoken to his doctor about it who was useless and didn't even know what wet dreams were (not that I did either until Googling it). I realize this is unusual for this forum but I suspect you are the only experts that exist.

My son is 13 and having multiple wet dreams per week as well as other sleep issues and severe anxiety. Personally I suspect the wet dreams are related to the sleep issues but I struggle to know if it is just normal humanity occurring. From googling it seems like excessive amounts but also perhaps it is normal. Do anybody here know?
does he masturbate? I don't know your religious reservations (if there are any) but mb may help it be less frequent or stop the problem. please look at the studies online to learn more. I wish the site healthystrokes.com still existed! (it went offline a few years ago....)

there's plenty of men on here (and overall on the internet) who masturbated to have their first ejaculation as a teenager and never had a wet dream because mb replaced wds or sex did later.
Previously Relover89 on WDF.com

I may be wearing briefs, I may be freeballing, depends on the day.
I may be sleeping naked, I may be wearing ONLY briefs, depends on the night.
charlythemoose
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 50
Date of last voluntary orgasm/ejaculation: 10 Aug 2024

Post by charlythemoose »

hey Natasha
I do understant that you might worry about you son issue but please don't say that people on a forum are "experts"
I would suggest to take care more about his anxiety than his WDs... I know there are a lot of optimistic people but i'm not so i would add just expect both are not related... good luck
as goodlife say maybe hormonal issue does he has also mood swing or anger ...
just tell him not to worry about the WD at least
aze
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 2
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 6+ hours

Post by aze »

Most of us aren’t experts here but I just wanted to say that research about this topic is mostly lacking, and credible information about wet dreams is very scarce.

I don’t know if it’s normal to have them that frequently, but it’s certainly not common, even for a 13 year old.
Brafetish
Underwear worn when going to sleep: Boxers

Post by Brafetish »

I’ve never had a wet dream. Wish I was able to though. As soon as I had my first orgasm from wanking I couldn’t stop and still can’t. One way or another it needs to come out. I don’t think multiple per week is excessive. I would wank at least one time a day if not more. It builds up fast in our youth.