Barkin's Log

If you wish to post your diaries, logs, or journal of your wet dream quest or experiences, please post them here.
tacticaldreamer
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 30
Foreskin status: Intact
Underwear worn when going to sleep: Boxers
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 2-4 hours
Date of last voluntary orgasm/ejaculation: 25 Mar 2024

Re: Barkin's Log

Post by tacticaldreamer »

Barkin wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:50 pm I just want to make another appeal to folks here if I haven't already: I'm happy for folks who have a wet dream experience, and it's great to congratulate one another, but it's not something that can be simplified so as to be considered an achievement or reward for willpower and patience alone. Having a wet dream and/or spontaneous ejaculation is about so much more than abstinence and waiting. Each of us has different things going on hormonally, metabolically, and psychologically. Please try to keep that in mind. Support one another here holistically, and good things will follow, no matter the form that may take.
i think if it's something so deeply personal as things discussed on this forum are, it's very easily commented about non-holistically, because behind the logs is a whole another life going on, meaning the logs represent only a small part related to the topic, which the reader can't see. But i acknowledge your message and support it.

I hope all goes well for you with your new job and the stress relieves and allows your health and sleep to get better. Welcome back to the forum.
Keep on Barkin
Barkin
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 10
Date of last voluntary orgasm/ejaculation: 20 Mar 2024

Post by Barkin »

Wow!

20 days in. I slept like a rock last night. I also legit had a sexy dream for the first time in... gosh... maybe nearly 15 years? Extra sticky pre spot on my panties when I got up and a stiffy that still isn't quite going away. With the throbbing going on, I felt very close to a full emission. I feel very perky overall today.

Some lifestyle changes I've made:

1) My current work shift has me starting late mornings. What this allows me to do is to get in a workout before I go work, and right after I've had my breakfast and morning coffee. This is a positive change from a schedule that has me attempting to workout after a full day's work where my mind is tired (which, in turn, fatigues my body... or at least my resolve).

2) I've cut out my daily OTC antihistamine pill with no major complications. It was typically for seasonal allergies and then I got in the habit of taking it more often than in the springtime. I think I should be able to keep it to that season only and be okay. My biggest motive here was that I know that antihistamines can have a detrimental effect on sexual functioning because of how crucial histamine is to that process.

3) I've cut out the flaxseed supplement and the nightly l-theanine supplement, and lowered the dose of melatonin that I take at night to 1 mg. Eventually I'd like to wean myself off of the melatonin entirely. These were added at a more stressful/anxious time in my life, but aren't really as necessary now. I've also been on a mood stabilizer since about February that seems to have been effectively staving off the worst bouts of anxiety, depression, and frustration.

I've slowly begun to lose some body fat again. I know that plays a big part in effective testosterone metabolism as well.

Here's to hoping for an even more substantial update in the near future. Thanks for reading!
Barkin
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran

Post by Barkin »

55 days in, by my count. Some relatively bigger pre leaks, but it hasn't yet progressed past that.
Barkin
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran

Post by Barkin »

64 days in. Had a large release yesterday while on the toilet from the pressure that was on my prostate. Had a few strong erections before bed time. This morning, my body simultaneously feels not very active and yet I do still feel a bit of congestion or maybe just muscle tension down there. I did about a half hour's worth of external prostate massage with a vibrator. There was no fluid release, but hopefully it will just help to relax the area overall here on out.
Barkin
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran

Post by Barkin »

70 days today!
icandoitoo
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran
Foreskin status: Restoring
Underwear worn when going to sleep: Briefs
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 4-6 hours
Date of last voluntary orgasm/ejaculation: 25 Sep 2023

Post by icandoitoo »

Barkin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:20 pm70 days today!
Awesome! Keep going!
Ryan11
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 5
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 6+ hours

Post by Ryan11 »

Barkin wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:35 pm 3) I've cut out the flaxseed supplement and the nightly l-theanine supplement, and lowered the dose of melatonin that I take at night to 1 mg. Eventually I'd like to wean myself off of the melatonin entirely.
Sorry I’m late to the party in reading this post, but I’m curious about melatonin. I’ve read that it increases REM sleep, and therefore you potentially dream more. Did you dream more when on melatonin?

Curious because I’ve noticed that I only get erections at night when I’m in the REM stage of sleep. And also I’ve only ever had a WD when I’ve been dreaming intensely. So I’m thinking more REM sleep by taking melatonin = more potential for a WD. What do you think?
Barkin
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran

Post by Barkin »

icandoitoo - Thank you!

Ryan11 - I did manage to get off melatonin supplementation. I find that I'm dreaming more just by using a ZMA supplement, but that could have a lot to do with having abstained for so long. Melatonin is also something that the body produces naturally, so I'd only recommend taking it if you have issues with insomnia as I have in the past.
Ryan11
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 5
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 6+ hours

Post by Ryan11 »

That’s interesting- thanks for your response. I do sometimes have trouble sleeping but it’s not significant enough to warrant meds. I’ll steer clear of it then.

Congrats on 70 days, I’ve never reached that milestone!
Barkin
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran

Post by Barkin »

Thank you! No matter the residual results, I do tend to feel a lot more energy after abstaining for a while. :)