WD Sleep Position poll

Post your wet dream experiences and questions here.

When you've had a WD, what position were you typically sleeping in?

on my back
60%
on my left side
5%
on my right side
12%
on my stomach
17%
in a pretzel
7%

Total votes: 42

Squeeze2
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 10
Foreskin status: Restoring
Underwear worn when going to sleep: Boxers
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 6+ hours
Date of last voluntary orgasm/ejaculation: 30 Oct 2023

WD Sleep Position poll

Post by Squeeze2 »

There have been many ponderings here over the years if one's position while sleeping affects the likelihood of getting a WD. Some assume that sleeping on your stomach may provide some friction against your penis, increasing the chances. (And a lot of anti-masturbation advice from the Victorian era recommended against that). In my personal experience, almost all of mine have been while sleeping on my back, which is not my normal way to sleep.

Let's take a poll of WDF user's experiences to see if we can find a pattern! Feel free to provide additional info in the comments.
casTI-30BX
WDF Veteran
WDF Veteran
Number of wet dreams youʹve experienced: 12
Foreskin status: Intact
Underwear worn when going to sleep: Boxer-briefs
If you've had a wet dream before, when did it occur after falling asleep?: 2-4 hours

Re: WD Sleep Position poll

Post by casTI-30BX »

I think this is such an interesting poll... (We need more on the forum) But I'd love to chime in about my experiences with the Various WDs I've had.

For pretty much as long as I can remember I've slept on my stomach, which is the position I slept when I got my first real WD at the age of 13.

When I first came to the WDF, I tried sleeping in a bunch of different positions, partly because I wasn't sure if I could resist sleeping on my stomach :P, but also partly because I was curious if it would help with getting a WD. I tried the three main variants, side, back, and stomach. I can't remember which side I slept on, but I'm going to assume that it's not important.

From what I can remember, I believe I only had 1 WD while on my side, and maybe 3 or 4 while on my back. I'm just going to assume the rest were on my stomach, but its possible there could be more. Regardless, I can say that I have had WDs in every position. This is all while wearing athletic boxer briefs as underwear as well.

Interestingly, I only woke up for the WDs that took place while I was sleeping on my stomach, I slept through all the rest and woke up a little later. However, I did have WDs where I was sleeping on my stomach, AND didn't wake up. I'd love to try and wake up through one that happens on my back/side, so that will require more AB I suppose. Though, if anyone can chime in on how that feels, that'd be wonderful.

But yeah, sleeping position is really interesting, and I think this poll should get more attention!! (And all polls, they're wonderful for visualising data :) )